Regional blood center was searching for means to more both measure and communicate its ability to adapt in an increasingly dynamic environment.
- Current process and product economics unclear causing decision process uncertainty
- Assess performance by process, product and customer
- Identify opportunities to improve performance
- Gather transaction level information from Donor visits through to product distribution and returns.
- Develop service and economic performance metrics for each alternative processes used to create various blood products.
- Provide performance information by process, product and customer
- Provided basis to understand how to more optimally utilize existing processes for specific products
- The Blood Centers ability to provide outstanding service in a dynamic environment was proven to be measurable with means to effectively illustrate to customers
- Enabled focused collaboration with customers to collectively improve specific aspects of service and economic performance.
- Customer specific returns and associated product out-dating economic impacts now measured
High Levels of Service Consistently Achieved Despite Volatile Demand
Specific Customer’s Product Returns Greater than Normal and Driving Higher Costs